8.19.2011

Ask Annalise

One of the older girls from my dance studio just moved away to college.  Her name is Annalise.  She goes to Central Michigan University and is on the dance team.  I asked her a few questions about dance:
1. What got you into dancing?
     Seeing my friends dance at Karyn's Dance Place.  
2. Why do you love to dance?
     It's a way for me to expresses myself.  It is also a great stress reliever for me. Dance makes me happy. 
3. What kind of emotions do you feel when you dance?
     Every kind of emotion it all depends on the type of dance. 
4. How often do you practice with the Central Team?
     3 times a week for 3 hours and at all football and basketball games. Games are practice for nationals. 
5. What are your uniforms like?
     We have four different uniforms, a basketball jersey, football jersey, and a long-sleeved sparkle top with skirt or jazz pants.
6. What styles of dance do you like?
     I love Jazz and Hip Hop.
7. What do you study at Central?
     Pre Med. 
8. Do you have any dancer role models?
     Keegan Long, she really pushed me.
9. What Broadway musicals or traveling dance companies have you seen?
     Chicago River North  
10. Have you made friends from dancing?  
     Yes very many. Some if my closets friends are dance girls. 
11. What kinds of costumes do you like?
     Shiny, sparkly ones!
12.  Do you have any inspirational words for young girls learning to dance?
Keep dancing. Never give up, there will be hard times like when you don't get the role or the spot you wanted or even your dance friends are mean. You have to just push through it because in the end it's worth it because you love it!
2011 CMU Basketball Halftime Performance

No comments: